Share Your Story!
You can join NAMI Gulf Coast’s mission to educate and support our community about mental health conditions by becoming a part of our Ending the Silence team. NAMI Gulf Coast’s Ending the Silence team is made up of a program leaders and young individuals living with a mental illness.
Share your story of your personal experiences with mental health challenges to help those who are living with a mental illness know that they are not alone and offer hope for recovery. By telling your story, you can make a difference for yourself and others living with a mental illness by sharing your perspective and providing encouragement and support.
What has helped you cope? What has been challenging? What has given you hope? Where did you go to find support? As an individual with a mental health condition, you may know things that other people want to know. Most importantly, that they are not alone.
- Must be between the ages of 18-35 with a mental health condition
- Must have a flexible schedule
- Transportation to local organizations in Brazoria and Galveston County
- Speaking engagement for 5-10 minutes
- Must be screened by NAMI Gulf Coast
- Must attend an Ending the Silence presentation
- Stipend provided
- Mileage will be reimbursed
- Online training required
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 281-585-3100 to see how you can become a part of the team!