NAMI Ending the Silence
With the recent tragedies in our local communities, NAMI Gulf Coast is dedicated now more than ever to encourage individuals to seek help if they or someone they know is struggling with a mental health condition.
What is NAMI’s Ending the Silence Program?
- A free 50 minute prevention and early intervention program that engages individuals in a discussion about mental health.
- Learn how to recognize the early warning signs of mental health conditions and what to do if someone is exhibiting these signs.
- Learn facts, statistics, and how to help your self or a loved one struggling with a mental illness.
- Audience members can ask questions and gain understanding of an often misunderstood topic.
- The presentation is lead by two young individuals who share their experiences within themselves or a family member with a mental health condition.
Our main goal is to break the stigma that is often associated with mental illness and give hope to those who may be struggling with a mental health condition. Through dialogue, we can help grow the movement to end stigma.
“I’m really grateful and glad that you talked to us. I often feel very alone or weird because many kids my age don’t understand. But, now I’m sure they would be more supportive of me.” – Student in the Ending the Silence Program
What We Provide
- A non-judgmental atmosphere where individuals can freely ask the questions that they may have about mental health
- Resource cards with valuable phone numbers and websites for mental health support services, along with a list of warnings sides of mental health conditions.
- The testimony of a young adult who shares their personal struggles, journey, and road to recovery living with a mental illness.
- Assurance that individuals dealing with a mental health issue are not alone.
Call (281)-585-3100 or e-mail email@example.com to schedule a presentation