Capitol Rally Day 2019
Join NAMI Gulf Coast for Capitol Rally Day and advocate for those affected by mental illness!
Help us tell legislatures about:
- Mental health needs for Galveston and Brazoria County.
- Sustaining mental health funding.
- Tell your story! Your personal relationship—and a well-crafted message—can make the difference in their attention to and support of mental health issues. Your story shows that mental health conditions are common and recovery is possible
- Travel by bus for $10 with NAMI GC to Austin. Includes a light breakfast, lunch and snacks.
- Money for the bus and t-shirts will be collected before boarding the bus in the morning.
- $10 for a lime green “Capitol Rally Day 2019” t-shirt (optional)
- Advocacy training will be provided- date tbh
- Come to Capitol Rally Day prepared to learn and have a fulfilling and fun experience. Be prepared to do a lot of walking
- Wednesday February 6th, 2019
- We will meet at the Walmart Super center on HWY 35. The bus will leave at 6:00 am sharp so don’t be late!
- We will return from Austin around 8:00 pm
9:00 am- Doors open (Schmidt-Jones Family Life Center; no onsite registration)
10:00 am- Welcome and Check-In (Schmidt-Jones Family Life Center; no onsite registration)
10:15 am- Legislators Welcome (Schmidt-Jones Family Life Center; no onsite registration)
10:30 am- Issue Briefing and Advocacy Training (Schmidt-Jones Family Life Center; no onsite registration)
11:45 am- Box Lunch (included; Schmidt-Jones Family Life Center; no onsite registration)
12:30 pm- Rally on the South Steps of the Capitol (tickets/registration not required)
1:15 pm- Meet with your Legislators (Capitol; no onsite registration)
3:30 pm- Closing Reception (Capitol; no onsite registration)
4:00 pm- Adjourn
*NAMI Gulf Coast membership required for all attending the rally.*
RSVP by calling (281) 585-3100 or email email@example.com
February 6th 2019
At this moment we have reached full capacity.
Please continue to support NAMI Gulf Coast and advocate for Mental Health!