Texas Suicide Prevention Council’s AS+K? About Suicide to Save a Life is a best practice informed suicide prevention curriculum.
This suicide prevention program teaches lifesaving skills:
- Ask About Suicide: Recognize suicidal risks, thoughts and behaviors.
- Seek More Information About the Individual: their risk factors, warning signs and protective factors
- Safety First!
- Secure Access to Lethal Means
- Know How and Where to Refer someone at risk to care
Like CPR or the Heimlich maneuver, the fundamentals of AS+K? are easily learned. And like CPR and the Heimlich maneuver, the application of AS+K? may save a life.
AS+K? About Suicide to Save a Life:
- Is intended to offer hope through positive action, (not a form of counseling or treatment).
- Teaches the public to recognize the warning signs, clues and suicidal communications of people in psychological distress and what action to take to prevent a possible tragedy.
Workshops are approximately 1-2 hours in length and have a capacity around 25 participants.
Workshops are open to any interested individuals, faith based groups, professionals, or community groups. You may register individually or schedule an AS+K? workshop for your group.
Contact NAMI Gulf Coast at (281) 585-3100 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an ASK? training.