Out of an abundance of caution, NAMI Gulf Coast has made the decision to temporarily suspend support group meetings until further notice.The safety and well-being of our individuals and families is top priority. We will make sure to update you when safer arrangements have been made.
About NAMI Gulf Coast Support Groups
Support groups are free, peer-led groups for adults living with mental illness (individuals) and/or their family members (family). In a safe, confidential, and structured setting, each individual/family member has the opportunity to be heard, and gain hope and insight from hearing the challenges and successes of others.
NAMI Gulf Coast Support Groups encourage empathy, productive discussion and a sense of community, and operate by the following Group Support Principles:
- We see the individual first, not the illness
- We Recognize that mental illnesses are medical illnesses that may have environmental triggers
- We understand that mental illnesses are traumatic events
- We aim for better coping skills
- We find strength in sharing experiences
- We reject stigma and not tolerate discrimination
- We do not judge anyone’s pain
- We forgive ourselves and reject guilt
- We embrace humor as healthy
- We accept that we cannot solve every problem
- We work for a better future in a realistic way
Groups meet on a bi-weekly or monthly basis and are led by NAMI-trained facilitators who’ve been there. Groups often have special guest speakers who touch on all aspects of mental health/illness.
Current Support Group Schedule:
1st Tuesday of Each Month 6:00 – 7:30pm
3rd Tuesday of Each Month from 1:00 – 2:30pm
Galveston – Family & Individual Group
Moody Methodist Church
2803 53rd St Galveston, TX
2nd Thursday of Each Month 6:00 – 7:30pm
Angleton – Family & Individual Group
Gulf Coast Center
101 Tigner St Angleton, TX
3rd Thursday of Each Month 4:00 – 5:30pm
Alvin – Individual Group
Westover Cove Apartments
2200 Mustang Alvin, TX
For more information, questions call our office at (281) 585-3100.