About NAMI Gulf Coast Support Groups
Support groups are free, peer-led groups for adults living with mental illness (individuals) and/or their family members (family). In a safe, confidential, and structured setting, each individual/family member has the opportunity to be heard, and gain hope and insight from hearing the challenges and successes of others.
NAMI Gulf Coast Support Groups encourage empathy, productive discussion, and a sense of community, and operate by the following Group Support Principles:
- We see the individual first, not the illness
- We recognize that mental illnesses are medical illnesses that may have environmental triggers
- We understand that mental illnesses are traumatic events
- We aim for better coping skills
- We find strength in sharing experiences
- We reject stigma and not tolerate discrimination
- We do not judge anyone’s pain
- We forgive ourselves and reject guilt
- We embrace humor as healthy
- We accept that we cannot solve every problem
- We work for a better future in a realistic way
Groups meet on a bi-weekly or monthly basis and are led by NAMI-trained facilitators who’ve been there. Groups often have special guest speakers who touch on all aspects of mental health/illness.
September Zoom Support Group Schedule:
Out of an abundance of caution, NAMI Gulf Coast has transitioned in-person support meetings to virtual meetings using Zoom for the safety and well-being of our individuals and families. Zoom support meetings are free and you do not need a Zoom account to join. You may also join by calling in, using only audio, or by sharing your video.
Register in advance below to attend NAMIGC’s Online Support Groups.
9/1: Individual Support Group 6-7PM
9/1: Family Support Group 7-8PM
9/10: Individual/Family Support Group 6-7PM
9/15: Individual Support Group 6-7PM
9/15: Family Support Group 7-8PM
Monthly Support Group Schedule:
- Individual Support Group
- 1st Tuesday at 6PM
- 3rd Tuesday at 6PM
- Family Member Support Group
- 1st Tuesday at 7PM
- 3rd Tuesday at 7PM
- Family Member and Individual Support Group
- 2nd Thursday at 6PM
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 281-585-3100 for questions or concerns.
Text ‘NAMIGC’ to 484-848 to receive updates and reminders of upcoming Support Group Meetings