About NAMI Gulf Coast
Who We Are:
NAMI Gulf Coast does not provide medical services, but we do offer support, education, service advocacy and shared information at our monthly support meetings and through the national headquarters of NAMI, and the state organization, NAMI-Texas. If a member of your family or a friend has a mental illness, we urge you to join NAMI Gulf Coast.
What We Provide:
- ASSURANCE that we are not alone and are not to blame.
- SELF-HELP by sharing common problems, mutual encouragement, and practical advice.
- INFORMATION about existing mental health care, sources of help in crises, community services, and available financial aid.
- KNOWLEDGE about causes, symptoms, and treatment of mental illness and ways that families can overcome despair and isolation to restore meaning and dignity to our lives.
- EDUCATION to overcome stigmas associated with mental illness and to secure a place in society for people with this illness.
- ADVOCACY on local, state, and national level to work for legislation and funding to ensure quality in-patient and out-patient care for people with mental illness.
NAMI Gulf Coast Staff
Jan Melis, Executive Director
Amber Torres, Director of Finance and Development
Kyle Funderburk, Director of Administration
Whitney Treybig, Education Coordinator
Raven Jacobs, Director of Volunteers
Brian Plitt, Second Chance Thrift Shop Assistant Manager