June 23, 2016
Texas health care providers prescribe antipsychotic drugs to nursing home patients at rates that outpace almost every other state, according to a new national report.
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services revealed that about one in five nursing home patients in Texas — or about 19,000 — take these drugs each month. Only Louisiana and Mississippi had higher prescription rates in the last three months of 2015, the federal agency reported.
Nursing home staffs often use antipsychotic drugs like Read More
- Texans Deserve More Integrated Health Care, But The Process Will Be Complicated
- The $1 Trillion Link Between Mental Health And Economic Productivity
- NAMI Applauds Passage of H.R. 2646, the Helping Families in Mental Health Crisis Act
- $1 million grant from iconic Cosmo editor and husband creates innovative mental health programs at schools
- Texas aims to get mental healthcare to underserved areas